From small businesses to enterprise-level corporations, many companies have started investing in postage machines so that they can manage their mailing needs in-house instead of visiting the post office whenever they want something to be sent.
While there are quite a number of mailing and postage machines that support today’s office mailroom operations, there are certain products that are vital for an effective mailing system. Here are three of the most essential postage and mailing machine technologies that assist in office mailroom operations:
Postage meters are assets that are used in mailrooms to add convenience and reduce the costs that are associated with mailing. Postage machines are also known as franking machines; their key role is to frank and print indicia on postage envelopes before they pass through mailing machines.
In summary, the data that is printed postage envelopes is what is known as frank; it contains all the information that is associated with the mailing item. Such information includes postage charges, company zip codes and item weights. There are several types of postage meter machines that are in the market currently where businesses can choose them depending on their mailing needs, volume and frequency.
Features & Types of Postage Meters
Different types of mailing machine models and brands offer different functions and operations of postage meters; some of these functions combine with electronic scales.
In addition, there are mailing machines that are equipped with other functionalities such as automatic feeds and envelop sealing. To assist in lowering the costs of mailing and improve operational experience, there are postage meters that have advanced functions.
Some of the primary benefits of postage meters include:
- Postage meters reduce the time spent in mailing operations
- Postage meters make it easy for companies to track their spending on letters, mails, parcel posts, etc.
- Postage meter machines increase the level of convenience for mailing operations
Envelope Address Printers
Envelope address printers are basically mailing machines that enable business mailrooms to be convenient when duplicating address information on postage packages and mails directly without necessarily relying on the services of the post office.
These types of postage machines allow businesses to save significant amounts of money depending on the volume of their postages. These advanced envelope address printer machines are capable of printing barcodes, addresses, attention lines apart from permitting indicia.
Some of the major benefits of address printers include:
- They reduce the mailing costs and increase productivity therefore reducing the amount of time that would have been spent on postage operations
- Some address printers for sale are capable of printing other information; such information include marketing messages on postage pieces to serve as postage labels and meters
Tabbers & Labelers
In business mailroom operations, there are postage pieces that do not necessarily need envelopes; it’s at such occasions where labelers and tabbers come into use. Labelers and tabbers are basically automatic mailing machines that digitally apply label seals and tabs of mailing items that are open ended. Such mailing items include booklets, folder stocks, newsletters and postcards. Advanced tabber machines can allow you to use a maximum of three tables on mailing items.
Some of the primary labelers and tabbers include:
- They make mail more secure and ensure that postages aren’t miss-delivered
- They allow individuals to apply stamps and addresses on labels efficiently and effectively
- These machines add convenience, save time and effort apart from reducing mailing costs in the long run
To see a complete offering postage machines for sale, visit WalzEQ.com, the industry’s trusted source for a wide range of mailing and postage machines for business mailrooms.